Monday 3 November 2014

Camp at Cedar Grove

At the beginning of October we had the honour of hosting a Birds Queensland Camp based at Cedar Grove in the Mary Valley. 107 species were recorded over the 4 days, with apart from Cedar Grove, other places visited being Amama, Amamoor Creek and Stirlings Crossing. For a full list go to Birds Queensland Camp Cedar Grove Bird List in my pages.
click on photos to enlarge.
Crested Shrike-tit (Eastern Race) (Falcunculus fontatus)


Golden Whistler (Pachycephala pectoralis)(Male)


Little Lorikeet (Glossopsitta pusilla)


Pale-yellow Robin (Tregellasia capito)

Paradise Riflebird (Ptiloris paradiseus)(Male)




Spectacled Monarch (Symposiarchus trivirgatus)

Varied Sittella (White-headed Race)(Daphoenositta chrysoptera)




For more birds visit Wild Bird Wednesday.

16 comments:

mick said...

Great photos of all those beautiful little birds that I seldom/never?? see - and certainly never photograph. Thanks for sharing!

Adam Jones said...

What a great set of birds. Fantastic pictures.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I loved seeing all these birds again as I had seen them when I was in Australia and one of my favorite birds was the Golden Whistler.

Unknown said...

Pretty birds. Sounds like a very succesful camp.

sunshine said...

A great variety of birds, beautiful photos.

TexWisGirl said...

wow! some incredible birds, there! really unique to me!

eileeninmd said...

Wow, these are all wonderful birds and sightings.. All of course would be new to me.. Great captures. Enjoy your week!

Janet Shaw said...

Great set of photos :)

Christian Perrin said...

Excellent array of birds on the camp!

I've never managed to get good photos of the Shrike-tits (restless) and Little Lorikeets (wary in treetops) so these are impressive!

Phil Slade said...

A good selection there Neil. They would all be lifers for me.

A Colorful World said...

Love these amazing birds...most of which I have never even seen a photograph! Wow!

BumbleVee said...

I'm the same as everybody else.... I'll never see these guys in real life.... thanks .... they're lovely to see

Carletta said...

A wonderful series from your little corner of the world!

Dave said...

A post that reminds me of the four corners of the world that I must explore.

Would all be lifers for me..... must come soon.

NatureFootstep said...

so many beautiful birds. Love the little crested one. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What beautiful colorful selection of birds! So hard to get good pictures of these little guys, but you certainly did it!